Tup Tim Thai is one of the few restaurants I go to when I'm off the clock. The food is pretty good and the welcome is warm. At lunch, it's cheap. It's in my neighborhood.
What consistently cracks me up about the place, though, is the constant loop of Sinatra songs. I've never been in there when I haven't heard "My Way." I'm a huge Frank-o-phile, but that tune is a bit overwrought for a plate of pad Thai. That's what I used to think anyway. Now, it's just become part of the restaurant's quirky charm.
Besides Marjorie, which has the best soundtrack in Seattle, what restaurant plays music that fits well with its culinary mission? Or do you prefer the sounds of silence?
Eric Ripert Says Buddhism Can Make You a Better (and Happier) Cook
-
A new cookbook from the acclaimed Le Bernardin chef calls for mindfulness
and gratitude in the kitchen — lessons he learned from a South Korean nun.
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment