Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thinking and drinking pink

I've been on board the rose fan wagon for a few summers now. Lucky me because the numbers of interesting pinks just keeps growing.

I wrote about a few of my faves on Al Dente, but I'm wide open to suggestions. 

As much as I enjoy a crisp, ever-so-slightly fruity pink, it seems to me as though there's a bigger chance of getting a post-wine headache than when drinking reds or whites. Can anybody explain to me why that happens? (And, yes, it is possible it might be about quantity rather than quality. Those roses go down easy, especially with warm weather fare).

1 comment:

Chef Gwen said...

I, too, am in love with rose wines. One of my current favorites is Crios de Susana Balbo Rosé of Malbec, but lately I'm drinking a lot of Mulderbosch rose from South Africa.