Thursday, March 13, 2008

Epic day in D.C.

I'm having an absolute blast in the other Washington. 

Here's what I saw today:

Kennedy's grave, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers, The Spirit of St. Louis, Gemini capsules, moon rocks, a scrap of fabric from the Wright Brothers first plane, Abe Lincoln's hat, Dorothy's Ruby Slippers, the first lightbulb/telegraph/telephone/computer, Carrie Bradshaw's laptop, Jerry's puffy shirt, Mr. Roger's sweater, Archie Bunker's chair, a hand-written recipe from Julia Child's kitchen, paintings by Renior/Monet/Manet/Degas/Andy Warhol/Van Gogh/Jackson Pollock, the Washington Monument, the Reflecting Pool, the Lincoln Memorial. Whew. Guess that's about it.

Oh, and yesterday, I got to visit my sister on the set of a major motion picture. (I can't say what just yet... don't want to get sissy fired!) Yessir, I'm having a fine time. No mind-blowing meals yet, but I have high hopes for tonight: Got a table at Cashion's Eat Place.

No comments: