Friday, March 28, 2008

More Skillet

I was blown away by the quality of the ingredients in this innovative take on risotto, barley standing in for arborio rice.

The setting certainly was at odds with the classy menu served from an Airstream at various locations around Seattle. Earlier this week, I had lunch at the industrial hood known as SODO. (Think "Blade Runner".) And wrote about it in today's P-I.

This dish was distinguished by roasted golden beets, broccolini and shaved fennel. And, get this, it was just $6.

This moveable feast can be a little maddening. No showing sometimes. Cutting off orders during the lunch rush. Next time, I'll go early. Because it really is some of the most interesting (and crazy cheap) eats I've had in the city.

1 comment:

Raymone said...

the guys who do this are cool - the people are nice - the food is great - I thought the prices were mid range i.e. for a quick lunch it cost me $12 - $14. Your post makes me reconsider that. thanks. Also, their constant moving around - and not knowing where the next location will be from week to week (on their newsletter) gets a little annoying. On the other hand, it can add to the "fun factor" i suppose.