Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Revolting development!

I just paid $5 for a loaf of bread.

This wasn't some fancy, hand-sculpted, rustic artisan bread, but whole wheat from my fave Island Bakery. I knew it was coming. Gas is nearly $4 a gallon, a latte can run that high, too.

I wish I could be more like my pal No Sluggo Dave and make my own, but I have always been flour-phobic. Still, it might be time to try to get in touch with my inner Nana once again.

How about you? What's the single most shocking price hike you've seen lately?

2 comments:

Kristie Lauborough said...

My rent.

They just informed me they want to raise it by $260 due to "market demand". Nevermind the fact that they've yet to make any improvements to the property like they promised, nor are they anywhere close in quality to the apartment complexes they have the gall to compare themselves to.

If I'm going to pay that much, I'll be living in the nicer place with the washer and dryer in unit and decent parking, thankyouverymuch.

Grrr. Still fuming over this.

David Hinske said...

I just pulled two loaves of dark beer/wheat bread out of the oven and they are lovely! Makes the whole house smell like a brewery - which I consider a plus.