Thursday, May 29, 2008

Craving a bite of Buenos Aires

Watching the touching documentary "Cafe de Los Maestros" at the Seattle Film Festival last week, stirred my yearning for all things Argentinean. I spent 10 days in BA a few years ago and fell in love. It's like Europe, but way cheaper. (At least it was then, when a meal for three at a four-star restaurant was $50!)

So, I was thrilled when I was invited to meet up with some budding wine importers at the Argentina Steak House in downtown Seattle. The place certainly smells like the real deal, meat cooked over wood and charcoal. But I made the mistake of ordering empanadas, which were deep-fried not baked. That's not to say they were terrible, but even the bartender chided: "You should have ordered the steak sandwich."

Next time!

Speaking of exotic travel, where's everybody going on their summer vacation? 

No comments: