Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Wish I would have been there, but....

I was glued to the news yesterday, watching CNN live streaming, listening to NPR, watching ABC, talking to my sister in L.A., sending Tweets in between.

Man, I wish I could have been there among the millions, or even out in a crowd soaking up the good vibrations. But deadlines loomed, so I stayed home and made a massive breakfast that was all-American, if you now have adjusted your internal compass to "anything goes" on our culinary patchwork landscape: Austin-inspired migas, refried pintos from Colorado, ginger-chili-raspberry jam from New Mexico on outrageously delicious bread made right here in Seattle by Macrina, a mug of organically grown Starbucks. Only thing missing was a Fran's salted caramel chocolate.

No comments: