Monday, January 26, 2009

Incredible sushi! Where? Whitefish, Montana

Had some fantastic sashimi and sushi rolls at Wasabi in Whitefish, Montana. Went there on the train to ski for the weekend, and was reminded how much I love that special place. So beautiful. (And so dang cold, skied in 8 below temps.)

Warmed up at Wasabi with a OMG That's Hot roll, spicy scallops, shrimp tempura, red hot chili peppers, deep-fried. Talk about heat. 

Why shouldn't Whitefish have kick-ass sushi? In our global village, who says proximity to water makes for better sushi? The hamachi carpaccio pictured above tasted super fresh and I loved the preparation, pounded thin and finished with a drizzle of hot chili oil. The rolls were more inventive than any I've seen in Seattle and the place was jam-packed, testifying to its success.

I'll be writing more about this weekend adventure in next Thursday's Getaways section in the Seattle P-I. 

1 comment:

Curt said...

Gad, the last time I was in Whitefish we ate at Denny's. What a change from the Montana of yore. Looks yummy!