Tuesday, August 19, 2008

This totally bites!


This was my last real meal before having dental surgery last week. Poor, poor pitiful me!
Before going under the knife, or hammer and chisel or whatever nasty tools they used, I made myself a big bowl of comfort food in the form of carbonara. The swine-tastic bacon from Wooly Pigs gave it some extra sizzle, and I threw some fresh figs on the side for a sweet note to balance all the creamy saltiness. Mmmmm!
Since then, it's been soft foods for me. Which completely sucks. I love the crunch! Still, I'm trying to explore the wonderful world of polenta and mashed potatoes and even managed to make tortilla chips do-able by folding them into scrambled eggs with roasted anaheim chilis and calling it migas. 
Where's the best restaurant to wrap my mouth around something soft?

1 comment:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal