Monday, February 2, 2009

Pam's Kitchen heats things up

Pam's Kitchen is open for lunch just Fridays, so the place gets slammed around noon. I got there a little early and found the door locked. Right, it opens at noon. 

Kinda quirky, but OK, chilling in the cold made the fiery fare even more welcome when it was served. They were out of several items from the get-go, which isn't the best sign, but again... you accept things are going to roll Island-style here. Meaning, relax. Sip your bitter bark cooler. It's all good.

It was, too, the Jamaican Jerk chicken, the lamb roti, the spicy green beans and callalou, the spinach made creamy with the addition of coconut milk. This was a meal at which I had a bottomless pit in my stomach so I could keep on eating. But, I guess that's why there are to-go boxes.

Pam's Kitchen is located in the U-District at 50th and University Avenue. 

No comments: