Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Slurping at Boom Noodles

Went for a bowl at the brand-new Boom Noodles on Capitol Hill... really enjoyed the green tea udon noodles and shiitake mushrooms. That parmesan crisp on top? Freaking brilliant!

But what blew my doors off was the mint/cucumber mocktail, a refreshing mate to the deeply flavored dishes at this tasty spot.

I would love to see some place in Seattle do the same kind of drink with basil and lime, like they make at my fave Thai place in LA, Gingergrass in Silver Lake. Yup, right down the road from Pinkberry. (Still don't see what the fuss is about there!)

Tried making that concoction a few times at home, blending basil and a little simple syrup, finishing it with club soda and a squeeze of lime. But it wasn't the same.

Looking forward to working my way through the menu at Boom. How about you?

2 comments:

Frank!!! said...

Did you add the Calpico?
That stuff is great.

Leslie Kelly said...

No, wasn't on my table....

I did shake a little FURIKAKE on my lentil soup. Not bad.