Sunday, January 13, 2008

Slurping... just for fun



BFF Leita was in town for a visit, and we pigged out on oysters at Elliott's. Gorgeous kusshis! We were in half shell heaven.

I rarely get out just for s-words and giggles, my reviewing schedule leaves little room on the calendar for meals that are pure pleasure. And this one was certainly that! We split a bottle of L'Ecole semillon -- fantastic with the oysters -- and had mussels for the second course. Oh, and some razor clam fritters.

What a treat to sit there and catch up as the weather changed a half a dozen times. If there's a better place in Seattle to get your oyster on, I want to hear about it!

1 comment:

Kristie Lauborough said...

This reminds me that I should pay a visit to Hog Island Oyster Co. some time in the near future.