Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Laissez le bon au temp rouler!


Where are you going to let the good times roll this Fat Tuesday? I know we're a long way from New Orleans, but I'm in the mood for some red beans and rice and a Big Ass Beer. (That is what those mondo, walk-away draft beers are called, I didn't make it up.)

Baby Girl and I have tickets for "The Breach", the heart-breaking post-Katrina play at the Seattle Rep, but tonight I'm going to drink at least one Sazerac. When I called Seattle's Sazerac restaurant to see what was cooking, they said nothing. A restaurant that's a tribute to that great city not making an effort on Fat Tuesday? Pitiful!

I guess things used to get pretty crazy down in Pioneer Square. But no more?

Hmmm, wonder where I put my beads...

For more pics (like the one above) from today's Mardi Gras festivities in New Orleans, check out the Times-Pic's Web site: nola.com.

No comments: