Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Fish and chips and 73 on the beach



I don't want to torture my sizzling friends in the South, but I have to share this pic from my picnic on Alki today. Absolutely perfect weather. And the fish was pretty good, too.

Finally got in to try Sun Fish, the line was already out the door about noon. Tried nearly everything that swims on that menu: salmon, halibut, cod, prawns. I really enjoyed the Sunfish Special, a grilled skewer loaded with grilled seafood.

The fries were the biggest disappointment, though. Limp and greasy. No salt. Ugh.

There were tons of people on the beach doing the cookout thing. Before it turns gray again, I'm going to drag my grill out there.

If you live in a part of the world where it's too bloody hot to cook right now, what's your game plan?

3 comments:

Neil said...

Cold soba noodles and a dipping sauce or gazpacho or panzella. Whatever requires the least heat.

Leslie Kelly said...

Oh, I haven't had gazpacho all summer, what a great idea! Liquid salad.

Fred Deaton said...

Yesterday in Jackson TN, it was 106, and today it is cooler at 101. We are getting the heat big time here.

We will have a cooling trend in the next two days and have temperatures down to the mid nineties (95)

Who ever heard of 95 as being cool!?!?!?

What we do is make a circuit of places that serve Southern Sweet Iced Tea.

Southern Tea is strong and sweet with lots of Lemon.